Re: [opensuse-buildservice] howto add further workers - solved -
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 09:04:54 +0200
Hi,

Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Monday 05 May 2008 02:07:24 wrote Christian:

Hi,

he who is able to read, will have an advantage, unfortunatley ;)

Thanks a lot for the documentation, but I hope this will not be needed
anymore
with trunk version ;)

The trunk version uses localhost real name and you can configure the remote
server in /etc/sysconfig . This should make this a lot easier.

However, this is only test on my two workstations so far ...

In theory. Looks like with the change in "buildservice/dist/obsworker",
the workers do not get registered anymore, if the workers are not on the
local machine. The last version this worked was -r3741. I fixed this by
readding the old commandline inside "obsworker" script:

echo "screen -t $title ./bs_worker $obsopt $port
--root $ROOT/root_$I" \
--statedir $workerdir/$I --id "$HOSTNAME/$I"
--reposerver "http://$OBS_REPO_SERVER"; \
--srcserver "http://$OBS_SRC_SERVER"; \
>> $screenrc

to obsworker, and by readding the old env vars to "sysconfig.obs-worker":

OBS_SRC_SERVER="your.remotemachine:6362"
OBS_REPO_SERVER="your.remotemachine:6262"

Currently, you need either to patch like Christian did or fix the
problem like described.

Martin

bye
adrian

2.2 setup multiple workers on remote systems
A worker can be started on other machine in your network (in Internet too,
but you should have really fast Internet connection ;-)). You must install
package obs-worker on this machine and change few configuration files on
both
system.

2.2.1 necessary changes on machine *main* machine
In file /usr/lib/obs/server/BSConfig.pm you should change variables
$srcserver, $reposerver and
array @reposervers. After install there are http://localhost but in this
case you should have there
output of hostname -f or IPs. (You should keep port number)

2.2.2 necessary changes on worker machine
Install package obs-worker and in file /etc/sysconfig/obs-worker change
variable OBS_STORAGE_SERVER to
main.fqdn:6262 where main.fqdn is output of hostname -f or IP on *main*
machine.

Kind Regards
Chris

Christian schrieb:

Hi

obs running, but can't get further obs-workers shown up on obs. obs
does only see his local worker.

On the client I set in /etc/sysconfig/obs-worker
OBS_STORAGE_SERVER="build.my.domain:6262"

the worker starts fine but is never seen or shown up on obs. restartet
services on obs-server without success.
Can anybody help me, please ?

Thanks in advance
Chris