[opensuse-buildservice] Problem linking to another project
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:40:49 -0500
I'm completely new to the SuSE build service. Apologies for what is
surely a newbie question.

First of all, I'm trying to do everything through the web interface,
partly to help test it out and partly because I'm lazy :-)

So I create my first package (voiceglue, under home:archie172) and the
build fails because a couple of depdencies are not part of standard
SuSE (js-devel and perl-ExtUtils-CBuilder).

So I think that the answer here is to create a "link" from another
project (I read about _link vs. _aggregate but notice that this choice
is not available via the web GUI so I don't worry about it).

I do a search for "js-devel" and find it listed under "OSSP/openSUSE_10.3".

So I try to create a link to my home project from original
project="OSSP" and original package="js-devel".

Result: Unable to find package 'js-devel' in project 'OSSP'.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
-Archie

--