Re: [opensuse-buildservice] User handling (was: Packages in games:* projects)
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 10:42:58 +0200
On Tuesday 29 April 2008 18:52:59 wrote Dirk Stoecker:
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
The user rights are one thing of concern: games will now have approx 30
- 40 comiters I think, number is probably growing. One issue I can see
there is the way people are approved to write in a project. I remember
myself: basically asking on the ML and a few minutes later the rights
are granted. This is very good for the growth of the system, but how can
we guarantee a certain level of trust for the user like this? The
suggested trust model so far is nice, but as long as all those
information is only on the web and not in any package manager, they are
most likely never to be seen. But that's another discussion...

Don't give every user the right to manage the whole repository, but give
the users only rights in their own packages. This reduces the number of
people a lot.

For new packages, one of the maintainers of the repository must be asked
to create it, but that happens not so often compared to the daily work.

Yes, and addition to that we will make it lot easier to work from outside of
the project. This means everybody can contribute, but only the people inside
of a project or package can approve the change.

This would lead to a situation where you can first request changes (aka
patches when people work on cvs/svn) and can later on decide to give write
rights or not.

Timeline for this is end of next month :)
But you can actually already play with some of the features, look at the "osc
submitreq" command.

bye
adrian