Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Packages in games:* projects
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:02:03 +0200
On 29.04.2008 at 13:51, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Yes, this directory structure was never meaned to be used by users
directly.

It is mostly anyway bounded by technical constraints, if you can put
stuff
into a project or not. So it would not make sense to sort this
software via
this.

If there are no objections I will merge mentioned games:* projects
into
one later today. Adrian (or anyone from OBS team): could you please
create games project in OBS root and me as a maintaner of it? I will
take care of the rest.

Pavol,

I think it's a good idea... I was always in favour of having them all
together. Having the package manager front end separating them again
makes sense.. but for the repository, it's just 'games'.

In general, I think sometimes the repository structure is a bit 'over
engineered' and to many splits are done.

The user rights are one thing of concern: games will now have approx 30
- 40 comiters I think, number is probably growing. One issue I can see
there is the way people are approved to write in a project. I remember
myself: basically asking on the ML and a few minutes later the rights
are granted. This is very good for the growth of the system, but how can
we guarantee a certain level of trust for the user like this? The
suggested trust model so far is nice, but as long as all those
information is only on the web and not in any package manager, they are
most likely never to be seen. But that's another discussion...

so in short: put them all together!

Can we have this announced also on news and on the announcement
mailinglist? I see already several threads starting on the support lists
that the games repos do no longer work.

Dominique