Re: [opensuse-buildservice] failed to build deb package.
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:56:07 +0200
On Tuesday 29 April 2008 03:59:17 wrote Ray Wang:
Hi all,

I uploaded my debian.control, debian,rules, debian,changelog,
accerciser.dsc and source, and then trigger to build a deb package on OBS,
BUT the pkg which generated only contain some Documentation files, no
binary files. It's really weird.

I tested on my Ubuntu 7.10 i386 desktop, but everything is fine. The
package contain docs, libs, bins, man-pages, LC_MESSAGES etc. Why the deb
package generated on OBS sucks? Is there any problem on OBS?

My home project:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Arawang My Ubuntu
repo: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rawang/xUbuntu_7.10
My package:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=accerciser&project=home%3Ar
awang

so you can see this package's size is only 13k, apparently, it doesn't
contain the binary files.
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/rawang/xUbuntu_7.10/i386/ac
cerciser_1.0.1-1_i386.deb

Can you run an "osc build" and jump inside calling the deb tools manually ?

maybe you can debug what wents wrong, all what I can say atm, it works for
others.