Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Adding Build-service function to Eclipse! Any suggestions?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:58:54 +0200
On Tue, Apr 22, long hong wrote:

More advanced:

- Add a new view similar to the CVS Browser to be able to browse
projects/packages on the buildservice and download them with rightclick

[...]
I think SVN like is better :)

SVN has advantages over cvs, yes. I never used the svn browser of eclipse, but
the functionality should be the same.

Btw.: on
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/suse/appinfo.html?csaid=DFC9A170A95499CD
you
wrote, that the eclipse integration would depend on osc. I do not think,
that
this would be a good approach. An eclipse plugin should work out-of-the-box
without installing additional software, IMHO.
OK, I see. Maybe I should add functions similar to OSC but not use OSC
directly.
I think first I should try to use Build-Service API. Anyway I've never
used RENT before
althouth I know what it is.

With RENT you mean REST, don't you?

For internal purposes I started writing a java client for the buildservice
be able to upload, download and query the buildservice from within
ant-tasks,
that are integrated into CruiseControl¹.

Maybe we could combine our work and create a java client library for the
buildservice.
Interesting! Is it hard to do so?

Not really once you found out what java projects to use to parse xml (I'm
currently using XPath), do html connects, etc.

Ant integration in writing custom ant tasks is quite easy once you have a bs
java client... :-)

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger