Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Adding Build-service function to Eclipse! Any suggestions?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:15:50 +0200
On Tue, Apr 22, long hong wrote:

Hello, everyone! This summer I shall attend the Google Summer of Code,
adding build service functions to eclipse. The bellow is my project:
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/suse/appinfo.html?csaid=DFC9A170A95499CD

Nice to hear! :-)

Now I just want to gather users' expectations to this project. What
would you like to see when using Build-Service in Eclipse? Thanks a
lot!

Here some use cases that come to my mind:

- Add/Change packages
- Edit/Create package Templates
- Add/Change projects
- Edit/Create project Templates
- Add a "New Buildservice Package/Projekt" Workflow
- Edit specfiles and debian/* files using eclipse and upload them to the
buildservice automatically
- could be achieved in using/integrating existing technology, e.g.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/eclipse-rpm-editor
- monitor build status
- download (and maybe even deploy package(s))

More advanced:

- Add a new view similar to the CVS Browser to be able to browse
projects/packages on the buildservice and download them with rightclick

[...]

Btw.: on
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/suse/appinfo.html?csaid=DFC9A170A95499CD you
wrote, that the eclipse integration would depend on osc. I do not think, that
this would be a good approach. An eclipse plugin should work out-of-the-box
without installing additional software, IMHO.

For internal purposes I started writing a java client for the buildservice to
be able to upload, download and query the buildservice from within ant-tasks,
that are integrated into CruiseControl¹.

Maybe we could combine our work and create a java client library for the
buildservice.

¹ http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

--
With best regards,