[opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Status wk17
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:33:20 +0200

present: jcborn, mls, rlihm, froh, adrian, poeml, freitag

Topics:
* Status Reports
* Maintainedin definition
* 0.9.1 release

Status reports
==============

mls:
* https debugging for build service interconnect

jcborn:
* WIP for installation media genertion
* support disabled range request on servers in scanner
* Prepared internal KIWI talk, will be recorded and made public available
* tested Build Service 0.9 packages

rlihm:
* Worked on developer edition download page
* open discussion if we need a non-JavaScript page for developer edition
downloads.

froh:
* Promoted the build service Linux Collaboration Summit in Austin
* Suggestion: Rename the openSUSE Build Service to "Linux Build Service" to
promote the fact that it is also working for non-openSUSE Linux distro.

adrian:
* package 0.9 release
* XEN debugging, it is for sure a problem in the kernel. Some fixes happened
in this area last week, so we will try the new build first.
* requested Hermes notification server instances.

poeml:
* Created new rsync module with 160 GB module with most popular data.
* disabled syncing of 10.1 distribution modules, still available on main
servers.
* resetup of mirror mailing list.
* review build service content.
* Prepared support in redirector for GoSC zypp project
* New clients using osc library do appear, this makes it nessecary to
introduce a real exception handling in the library instead of stdout and
exit.
* Made metalink creation in download server available.
mls mad a suggestion to create a rsync server for dynamic requests,
like "give me 10 GB of newest and most often downloads"

Maintainedin Project Tag
========================

Open discussion how to name the "Maintained In" tag. Current
are suggestions:
- <maintainedin>
- <origin>
- <baseproject>

AI: freitag, think about it and define it until end of week.

0.9.1 Release

Urgent fixes for 0.9.1 release have been discussed and defined for:
* fix osc local build with remote projects
* fix https support for remote build service
* fix ignore flags suppression

Fixes are already applied in current packages, but new tar ball will be roled
containing them.