Re: [opensuse-buildservice] user input in rpm
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 12:58:27 +0200
On 2008-04-22 11:32:02 +0200, Chantal Rosmuller wrote:
i hope that I am asking my question on the right list:

I am building a zabbix server rpm for openSuSe. Zabbix has an (optional)
mysql
backend that I want to be installed automatically. This only works when mysql
has no root password at the moment, how can I fix that? Can I use user input
somehow, so the user can fill in a mysql username/password while installing
the rpm? Or is there another way to resolve this issue?

not really. you dont know what package manager is installing your
package. in case of zmd e.g. it might be a daemon without any active
tty. i think the best approach would be some readme in the doc dir and
maybe a script like zabbix-config, which does the needed steps later.

hope this helps

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux