Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion error on local OBS after update to 0.9
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:07:10 +0200
On Thursday 17 April 2008 21:45:54 wrote Martin Mohring:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Thursday 17 April 2008 15:58:26 wrote Reik Keutterling:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Thursday 17 April 2008 11:38:33 wrote Reik Keutterling:
Hi,

I got following expansion error after I updated our local obs (0.5.1)
to 0.9 and ruby 2.0.

Does anybody know whats wrong?

hm, maybe I broke something, but I can not reproduce your problem here

maybe I made a mistake at the migrating procedure?

Can you send me a _buildinfo output and prjconf for any project with
expansion errors ?

-> attached

Sorry, but I do not understand this. I broke exactly this in an
intermediate state in svn, but it is definitive fixed in 0.9 release.

Are you sure that you use the current svn state or the packages ?

bye
adria

Jan-Simon and myself have the same effect with our OBS also. E.g. I get
those expansion errors with a copy of Base:build. Another example are
expansion errors with openSUSE:Tools/build when building for
Mandriva:2007 (have choice for bootloader needed by basesystem: grub
lilo). It is just to name a few. Do you want more?

Conclusion: 0.9 Backend behaves different from build.o.o, with repect to:
- parsing meta prjconf (build.o.o still ignores syntax errors)
- detection of expansion errors (sometimes, the new bahavior of 0.9 is
helpful, because it detects cases build.o.o doesnt see).
- macro expansion in meta prjconf and .spec files

yes, fixed in svn and rpm packages meanwhile. We may roll a 0.9.1 version
later next week, including this and other fixes.

bye
adrian