Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Buildservice unusable for Factory
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:11:29 +0200
On Thursday 17 April 2008 13:03:35 wrote Danny Kukawka:
On Montag, 14. April 2008, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Monday 14 April 2008 13:01:59 wrote Danny Kukawka:
Hi,

I don't know how the situation was during the weekend, but it looks as
if the buildservice for factory is unusable since days. Everything in
my project has as state blocked or a expansion error.

I know you build the complete (base) openSUSE distro in the
buildservice now, but it make the buildservice unusable. because I
can't build new packages. I have to build them in the internal
autobuild service and put them on ftp.suse.com or beta.suse.com to get
them out for testing. This is a really unsatisfactory situation.

Are there any plans to improve the situation?

[...]

But, keep in mind that Factory is the development distribution. With this
last change everbody can see now what really happens. This includes also
the build failures which were hidden before :)

Sorry, but I have to say: We have now Thursday and the buildservice still
sucks and is unusable for active development!

Yes, now some packages of my home project were built, but the most of i586
are not:
- i586: succeeded: 10 / blocked: 15
- x86_64: succeeded: 16 / blocked: 7

they were not blocked the last days, but today we submitted code changes to
fix the python problems.

If CPU power is the bottleneck, then please stop all Factory home project
builds until the base distro is built completely.

The base distro is prefered, it is just broken atm. We need to fix the
packages, so it can get build again.

The python fix should fix quite a lot issues (down from 800 to 330 expansion
errors already and it is still building, so it might go down further).

bye
adrian