Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Buildservice unusable for Factory
  • From: Danny Kukawka <dkukawka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:03:35 +0200
On Montag, 14. April 2008, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Monday 14 April 2008 13:01:59 wrote Danny Kukawka:
Hi,

I don't know how the situation was during the weekend, but it looks as if
the buildservice for factory is unusable since days. Everything in my
project has as state blocked or a expansion error.

I know you build the complete (base) openSUSE distro in the buildservice
now, but it make the buildservice unusable. because I can't build new
packages. I have to build them in the internal autobuild service and put
them on ftp.suse.com or beta.suse.com to get them out for testing. This
is a really unsatisfactory situation.

Are there any plans to improve the situation?
[...]
But, keep in mind that Factory is the development distribution. With this
last change everbody can see now what really happens. This includes also
the build failures which were hidden before :)

Sorry, but I have to say: We have now Thursday and the buildservice still
sucks and is unusable for active development!

Yes, now some packages of my home project were built, but the most of i586 are
not:
- i586: succeeded: 10 / blocked: 15
- x86_64: succeeded: 16 / blocked: 7

If CPU power is the bottleneck, then please stop all Factory home project
builds until the base distro is built completely.

Danny