Re: [opensuse-buildservice] End Of Life: SUSE Linux 10.1 and Fedora 6
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:59:20 +0200
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 01:25:55PM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
due to the fill rate of 80% on our storage, end of Life of the distributions
and mirror admins complains about the size of our content, we will remove the
following base distros and all repositories building against them:

* SUSE Linux 10.1
* SUSE Linux 10.0
* Fedora Core & Extras 6

In case you want to mirror them for your own build service, this is your last
chance :)

Please, don't do such things without advanced notice. Don't remove 10.1
(which is still a maintained product!) without giving people time to
adjust.

For example, I'll need to switch several of our servers to repositories
based on 10.1 to repositories based on SLE10. In some cases, I'll first
have to make sure that a SLE10 source exists for those repositories.
this means that I'll have to get the respective admins to change that
for their projects, and hope that SLE10 will be suitable as build
target.

So could you please give a timeline?

Thanks,
Peter