Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Status
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:35:20 +0200
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 05:28:51PM +0200, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 01:25:12PM +0200, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
- some feature is implemented
- it is (maybe!) mentioned here on the list, as by Adrian above
- it is not documented how to use it
- darix has "secret" knowledge about it and tells somebody on IRC
- somebody (maybe!) takes the time to post it here or put it into the
wiki

It's really a bug fix, we're trying to build Factory in the
build service, the baselibs creating was one missing part and
is now also done.

I would like you to think about how we can improve on this.

Like:
- spend time in the wiki, documenting things there, instead of hanging
around on IRC and repeating it again and again there
- documenting your work and announcing it properly

Darix is actually documenting it. It's not a build service, but
an autobuild issue.

Try to not only think about this specific issue. Let's say I was using
it as an example for a recurrent theme. My intention is to get us to
think about those processes, and how to improve them.

Thanks for the details nevertheless. By the way, there is a lot of
interest from external for this particular feature (baselibs) in the
buildservice. People have been asking for it from very early on. And
what I read in this thread sounded very much like a buildservice
feature, not an autobuild thing.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development