Re: [opensuse-buildservice] questions about patterns
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 09:38:49 +0200
On Thursday 10 April 2008 02:16:47 wrote Patrick Mullaney:
Hi all,

I am trying to create a pattern following the document in
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial#Create_Patterns and
have a few questions.

Do patterns work with yast when the repo url has been added as an
installation source?

yes. (at least until 10.3, in Factory, the pattern handling of YaST is afaik a
bit broken atm).

Does deletion of patterns work? (osc meta pattern --delete PRJ PATTERN)
Its not working for me.

Indeed, this seems to be broken in current osc. Please open a bugreport,
thanks :)

As current workaround, you can do it directly with the api, this works:

curl -0 -b -X DELETE
https://api.opensuse.org/source/<project>/_pattern/<patternfile>

Does category name correspond to the headers under patterns in the
yast installer(Desktop,Additional Software, etc)? Will a new category
be added to the yast installer if this doesn't match an existing one?

I dunno, maybe you should ask this on the zypp / package managing mailing
list.

Are there any existing examples that I should look at that support
patterns(.ymp files)?

KDE:Backports contains patterns for digikam and amarok, which I created as
initial examples.

bye
adrian