Re: [opensuse-buildservice] DKIM-milter addon for postfix
  • From: Guillermo Ballester Valor <gbv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:24:46 +0000
Hello Peter,

El Tuesday 01 April 2008 08:26:40 Dr. Peter Poeml escribió:
Hello Guillermo,

Sorry for not replying earlier; I just returned from vacation.

Sorry, these things usually happens :-)

Today I've built a rpm package in buildserver but is actually a postfix
plugin. Well, it creates a socket daemon that can be used by other
clients, but the problem here is that the (user:group) is
(postfix:postfix). I guess it is no hard to change this permission stuff
for other MTA.

[...]

When trying to build the package, I could not to compile a shared lib, so
the binaries are still linked statically and no libraries in it till the
moment.

Okay, good to know.

Should you build the library later, you can let me know and I can see if
I can use it (for Exim) as well.

I've improved the package since first versions. Now there is a 'devel'
subpackage with include 'dkim.h' file an a static library 'libdkim.a' . It
seems that is rather hard to get a shared library, in dkim-milter docs they
say that shared libraries don't work for 'open source' version :(.

It also have support for POPAUTH and QUERY_CACHE options, which includes a
dependency from Berkeley Database.

Postfix/server:mail maintainers, do you want to move Guillermos plugin
to server:mail?

What I should do then ?

Guillermo

Peter