Re: [opensuse-buildservice] pike project
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 16:08:32 +0200
On Tuesday 01 April 2008 15:28:28 wrote Robert Hinn:
Hello,

I'm one of the developers of the open-sTeam collaboration server
software (http://www.open-steam.org), which is written in the pike
programming language (http://pike.ida.liu.se). In the long run, I
would like to use the build service to produce and publish RPM
packages of our software, but since there are currently no pike rpm
packages about, I tried to build my own.

I succeeded (with help by the people on the build service IRC - thanks
again!) in creating a project in my build service home and have
successfully created packages for openSUSE 10.2, 10.3, SLES 10, Fedora
Core 8 and RHEL 5 with it (only for i586, the 64-bit version doesn't
seem to compile, though at the moment I think I don't need the 64-bit
packages anyway ;-) ).

It would be great if you could open a project outside my home for
pike, so that it becomes a "regular" package. I've read in the
archives that I should probably contact the maintainers of the
corresponding group (Development/Languages/Other should be fine for
pike, I guess), but I haven't found any information on the website as
to how to contact group maintainers ;-)

Could you tell me whom to contact about requesting a regular build
service project for pike?

Since we have so far no official request mechanism for this, please use the
bugzilla "opensuse.org" product with "Build Service Request" component.

However, most people are asking here like you instead and the good think is
that everybody knows already the new project.

Would be "devel:pike" project okay for you ?
What is your account name to be added ?

By the way, the build service is really a great tool. Up to now, I've
build my own build environment scripts to create packages for some
distributions, but the build service makes this so much easier and
less troublesome to maintain!

thanks :)
adrian