Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Interesting summary pages
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 09:03:16 -0400
On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 10:39 +0200, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 11:28:01AM +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Since I've started helping packaging GNOME, I was wondering if there
were any easy page where I could know the current status of things. I
don't think we have this. I know that Debian has some interesting
examples:

Yes, we lack that.

+ http://dehs.alioth.debian.org/maintainer.php?name=gnome-panel
Shows some information about the upstream status

That seems useful to me. Especially if it also sends out notifications
(which I assume).

+ http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnome-panel.html
Shows some information about a specific package, including a TODO
item about a new upstream release and links to bugs
I know I've used this website quite a few times to know what was
happening in Debian wrt some package.

I have been missing something like that for many years... Yes, I agree,
this is what we need also.

+
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-gnome-maintainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Big table with lots of information about packages maintained by some
maintainer. (too much information, imho, though)

I'd really love to get something similar (but improved, of course ;-)).
I'd be especially interested in a page listing all the packages I'm
interested in, with a small list of things for each package:

+ new upstream version to package
+ number of rpmlint errors to fix (with a link to display them)
+ number of relevant bugs in our bugzilla (hard right now, since we
don't have a component for each package)
+ builds/doesn't build on some architecture/distro (we already have
this, good!)

Alright. We have been loosely collecting input on wanted features now
since a while. I think it is time to organize this a bit more and put
together a plan (and finally start implementing it). A wiki page would
be a good starting page, I guess.

Comments?

I put up something to start last week:
http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Projects/PatchUpstreamingStats

I'm fine if it gets moved somewhere else.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell, Inc.