[opensuse-buildservice] Can I stop revision incrementing?
  • From: "John Calcote" <john.calcote@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:03:31 -0600
Hi all,

I'm wondering if there's a way to stop the revision number from
incrementing with each modification of a project's sources.

When I first discovered the ability to disable publication, I thought
that NOT publishing would stop automatic revision incrementing -- it
seemed logical to me that because a package hasn't been published yet,
there is no reason to increment the revision number between builds. In
individual development, one doesn't increment the revision number
unless a revision has become public. However, this appears not to be
true - the revision is auto-incremented even if no repository of a
package is published.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
John