[opensuse-buildservice] Introduction and starting with questions :S
  • From: Manuel Naranjo <manuel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:30:45 -0200
Hello everyone,

My name is Manuel Naranjo, I'm a 22 years old Argentinian developer,
with some experience in packaging projects that's giving his first steps
with multi platform packaging.

I started coding when I was about 15, and did my first introduction to
Linux when I was about 18. I made kernel development (check
drivers/usb/serial/aircable.net in the kernel source), and mostly
bluetooth development. I'm quite experienced with BlueZ and I have some
advanced experience with the new D-Bus api.

I had packaged stuff for openslug (based on open-embedded) slax and
kwort, this last 2 ones are based on Slackware. I had rebuilded rpm
sources but never created an rpm package from the ground.

I want to use the build services to build 3 projects initially:
* Bluecove <http://code.google.com/p/bluecove/>
* Obex-Data-Server <http://wiki.muiline.com/obex-data-server>
* OpenProximity <http://code.google.com/p/proximitymarketing/>

I had started setting up the build environment for BlueCove. There
aren't much dependencies for it. It depends on libbluez and JNI (java
native interface). Then it needs Maven (sort of java make) to build.
Thing is, can we use this in the build services?

Another question is how can I add folders to my repository, I had been
able to add files, but the source has folders and I can't add those.

Thanks,
Manuel Naranjo
Wireless Cables Inc.
www.aircable.net