Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "closed" build service
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:42:09 +0000
On 05/03/2008, Dr. Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 01:26:41 +0100, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2008 13:13:12 Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
> >
> > Accounts are nice for developers. Users are not interested in an
> > account like that.
>
> Aren't sources something for developers not users?

It is not only about sources. Think about a bug tracker for example.
Changelogs. Finding out who's responsible and get in touch. I'm sure
you catch my drift.

And if you feel it's okay to put up barriers like that for developers, I
can say I don't agree with you :-)

> > Just as I don't make accounts for myself in dozens of other systems, I
> > don't expect the average interested user to create accounts just to look
> > things up. (And I'm even a developer.)
>
> If the Build Service would support OpenID logins, it wouldn't be necessary
for
> many people to create another account, they could just use their existing
> OpenID one.

openID support for users.opensuse.org is on the roadmap so you should
be able to use users.opensuse.org as your openid provider, which can
continue to use ichain for authentication. With openID anyone can be
an identity provider http://openid.net/what/

--
Benjamin Weber