[opensuse-buildservice] Build Service Status
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:23:45 +0100

present: ro, mls, froh, tpatzig, abauer, rlihm, adrian, jcborn, poeml

* Status
* Upstream Project
* Source link handling

* jcborn: worked on redirector scanner checks now if mirror servers can
handle files > 2GB to avoid redirection to mirrors which can not handle
DVD iso files.
Suggestion to check also for > 4GB size problems.

* mls improved speed of scheduler esp. working on Factory. Not active yet.

* tpatzig is new trainee in build service team, worked before im mobile
devices and KDE team. Start looking into Ruby on Rails.
Welcome Tom :)

* abauer working on test server instance.
Merge request api call exists in svn but is not yet deployed
Missing stuff:
-> api lacks permission checks.
-> no schema check yet.

* poeml requested security audith for download redirector
helped OpenOffice team to install own redirector for them.

Upstream Project:
=================

We discussed a proposal to define a project for a package where the next
version gets developed. This would be especially usefull for
openSUSE:Factory, where everybody (and also our tools) gets a hint who does
maintain it usually. This would also obsoleted a seperated review step on
merge.

The concept is described at:
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Upstream_Project

However we agreed on
* using <maintainedin> instead of <upstreamproject> to avoid confusing with
real source upstream. We ask for review or better proposal for the tag from
Klaas :)
* Suggestion <maintainedin> should also offer to define a package optinally.
* open question: How to handle this information for stable distribution
branch, like when branching openSUSE:12.3 away from openSUSE:Factory.

Source Link:
============

While discussing the source handling itself, what osc should do and so on we
figured out some missing features in source link implementation we need:

* remove files functionality
* add changelog entry (In which relation is this to merge request
description ?

osc shall support to work on _link file sources directly, but also offer to
work on merged sources but submitting the user changes only with a _link
later.

* The "merge request" should get renamed to "submit request".

We did not finish our discussion, so we will follow up by mail an follow up
tomorrow together with Klaas.

bye
adrian