[opensuse-buildservice] Scheduler logic
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:20:42 +0100
Hi,

I have an own OBS installation at home, running on a dual core (thus having two
workers) and sometimes I add the notebook for 'more power' (one more worker).
The PC starts 2x x86_64 workers and the notebook starts one i586 worker.

Unfortunately, so it seems, the scheduler is not to nice behaving in this case.
Often I see packages evenly waiting for both platforms, but the scheduler (or
whatever task) feeds i586 packages to the x86_64 workers... thus having sooner
no i586 packages left and keeping the last worker idle...

It would be better in this case if the i586 would get the i586 tasks, x86_64
the 64bit tasks and only when the 64bits are done, those 'help' the i586 pile
up..

Can this be achieved somehow? Like always building the 'highest architecture'
available first?

Dominique