Re: [opensuse-buildservice] _aggregate from _link
  • From: Jeffery Fernandez <jeffery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:25:23 +1100
On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:57:50 pm Ladislav Michnovič wrote:
On Feb 20, 2008 2:27 AM, Jeffery Fernandez <jeffery@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to build with an aggregated package from:

<aggregate project="home:dstoecker">
<package>ocaml</package>
</aggregate>

that package is _linked from project=openSUSE:Factory

When I add a BuildRequires : ocaml = 3.10.0

It just does not build as it complains with:
expansion error: nothing provides ocaml = 3.10.0

If I remove the version number dependency, it pulls out ocaml-3.09.3-37
into the build environment which I assume is coming from
project=openSUSE:Factory

Why do you think that built package from link would have higher
version than origin?

I didn't think that way. In my case it was that way. The package I was
aggregating was a higher version package than which was in Factory.

Only release can change and it could be even lower number.
Regards Ladislav.

cheers,
Jeffery
--