Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion error on Mandriva_2007 x86_64 but not in i586
  • From: "G. Massera" <gmassera@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:23:17 +0100
G. Massera ha scritto:

Hello,
I successufully building my project on Mandriva_2007 i586 (32bit)...
but for 64bit the same spec file give me the following expansion error:

"nothing provides libtermcap2, nothing provides librpm4.4, nothing
provides libreadline5, nothing provides libpopt0, nothing provides
libbzip2_1, nothing provides libsqlite3_0, nothing provides libneon0.26,
nothing provides libopenssl0.9.8, nothing provides libelfutils1, nothing
provides libbeecrypt6, nothing provides libkrb53, nothing provides
libext2fs2, nothing provides libpcre0"

I don't understand why... because all library specified above are not
directly in my .spec file... and I suppose the system setup of i586 and
x86_64 would be the same, isn't it ??

I start to understand why this expansion error occurs.
The problem is due to fact that Mandriva packages convention is such
that all 64bit library are named "lib64Xxxxx" ...
so instead of libtermcap2 is lib64termcap2 and so on.
But... this should be handled by automatic substitutions, isn't it ???

is there someone know how to resolve this problem ???
is there some project that successfully compiles on Mandriva 2007 ???

Please help me... because I don't know how to proced.

Gianluca