scheduler says, my package is obsolete, Was: [opensuse-buildservice] Which directory structure under /srv/obs/build for Ubuntu/Debian builds?
  • From: Carsten Hoeger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:26:46 +0100
On Sat, Jan 19, Michael Schröder wrote:

My question is: What would be the proper directory structure for an Ubuntu
or
Debian base repository?

Just copy all .deb files from the Debian repository path pool/main into the

standard/ dir?

Yes, that's one solution. Copy them to standard/i586.
As an alternative, you can create a ":full.subdirs" file, which
can point to subdirectories that should be used.

Here's an example

|-- SUSE:SL-10.1
| `-- standard
| `-- i586
| | `-- :full symbolic link to some directory
| | :full.subdirs file containing "i586 noarch"

The subdirs entries can't be absolute paths at the moment, which
can be considered a bug.

Note that if a full tree contains multiple versions of a package
it is currently undefined which of them will be used for building.
Strange thinks like build cycles may happen.

I'm currently trying to do something simlar.

I have the following directory content in
/srv/obs/build/Ubuntu:6.06/standard/i586

debian-bootstrap -> /srv/obs/debian-bootstrap/
:full/
:full.cache
:full.subdirs
:packstatus
:repodone
:repoinfo

in debian-bootstrap there's a package

ox-ubuntu-preinit.deb

that's, what full.subdirs contains:

$ cat \:full.subdirs
debian-bootstrap

What's happening when I restart the scheduler is this log:

- Ubuntu:6.06/standard (dsc)
- debian-bootstrap: is obsolete
packages found: 23500 (hits: 18971, misses: 4529)
expanding dependencies
sorting 0 packages
building: 0, notready: 0
prp Ubuntu:6.06/standard is finished...

and after some time the file debian-bootstrap/ox-ubuntu-preinit.deb has been
removed from disk.

Why does the scheduler delete this package and how to prevent it from doing
so?

--
With best regards,

Carsten Hoeger