Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 15:51:57 +0100
Susanne Oberhauser wrote:
Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> writes:
What about making the automatic clean configurable?

[general]
build-root-clean: never # never clean automatically
build-root-clean: arch-change # clean when architecture changes
build-root-clean: repo-change # clean when repo/arch changes (default)
build-root-clean: always # always clean

When the arch changes, then the repos have changed, haven't they?

When apckages are updated int he repos, have the repos changed?

I meant repository as in <repository> in the project config, in osc it's
actually called "platform".

osc build openSUSE_Factory i586
# ... two weeks later ...
osc build openSUSE_Factory i586 # 1) changes neither repository nor arch
osc build openSUSE_10.3 i586 # 2) changes repository
osc build openSUSE_10.3 x86_64 # 3) changes architecture

'build-root-clean: always' would clean in all cases
'build-root-clean: repo-change' would clean in 2) and 3)
'build-root-clean: arch-change' would clean in 3)

How about this:

build-root: clean # rebuild the root from scratch
build-root: update # update the packages that need updates,
# fall back to clean if too complex,
# default

Define "too complex"...

build-root: keep # keep the root as it

Well, that's --no-init, but I wonder who would want to put this into his
.oscrc.

plus a --no-clean option to override the logic.

--no-clean as shorthand for --build-root=keep ?

No, --no-clean to disable the automatic --clean (the build root would be
updated as it is done now).

Michal