Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 04 Feb 2008 15:31:56 +0100
Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> writes:

Well, in case the repositories are very similar, you don't want to
rebuild the whole chroot from scratch. E.g. in server:php, we have:

openSUSE_10.3
server_apache_openSUSE_10.3
server_database_openSUSE_10.3

which only differ in the apache and mysql version, means you can
switch just fine. But I agree that the current way it works isn't
exactly what users would expect.

What about making the automatic clean configurable?

[general]
build-root-clean: never # never clean automatically
build-root-clean: arch-change # clean when architecture changes
build-root-clean: repo-change # clean when repo/arch changes (default)
build-root-clean: always # always clean

When the arch changes, then the repos have changed, haven't they?

When apckages are updated int he repos, have the repos changed?

How about this:

build-root: clean # rebuild the root from scratch
build-root: update # update the packages that need updates,
# fall back to clean if too complex,
# default
build-root: keep # keep the root as it

plus a --no-clean option to override the logic.

--no-clean as shorthand for --build-root=keep ?
--clean as shorthand for --build-root=clean ?

Comments?

Michal

Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5
Processes and Infrastructure Nürnberg