Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 04 Feb 2008 15:25:10 +0100
Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Susanne Oberhauser wrote:

Sure "--clean" in the call fixes this. But a better solution would be
to have a file e.g. ".environment-type" somewhere (e.g. in build path)
and this contains "openSUSE_10.2 i586". Now when the environment is
different, it should be cleared. Pretty straightforward I think :-)

I agree --clean is just a workaround, not the solution.

I'd strongly prefer build to cache per target project, i.e. have
subdirs below .init_b_cache/${repo} and to explicitely know where to
pick wich package from.

There would be no conflict between these two. When you configure osc
to have different subdirs, the flush never happens. But I would not
make this default, as it needs more space.

It could make sense to 'outdate' unused files of the cache.

I anticipate this also to be very usefull for image builds where
you want to possibly use several versions of the same package.

I do not understand this sentence.

I'd like to build an iso image. This ISO should contain packages from
several repositories. The build will take these repositories and
somehow merge them on the image. Like for different architectures or
for different package versions that are good for different contexts.
Think of rails 1.2, 2.0 that you want in parallel. Or of a driver
that is tested ok on the new Aldi Laptop in version 4.7.11 which
however breaks some Lenovo and the HP ones --- they still need 4.4.44.

That means the same package will exist in different incarnations in
parallel on the resulting image. So you need to get it into the build
sandbox in all these incarnations.

hth?

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5