Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:18:53 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Susanne Oberhauser wrote:

Sure "--clean" in the call fixes this. But a better solution would be
to have a file e.g. ".environment-type" somewhere (e.g. in build path)
and this contains "openSUSE_10.2 i586". Now when the environment is
different, it should be cleared. Pretty straightforward I think :-)

I agree --clean is just a workaround, not the solution.

I'd strongly prefer build to cache per target project, i.e. have
subdirs below .init_b_cache/${repo} and to explicitely know where to
pick wich package from.

There would be no conflict between these two. When you configure osc to have different subdirs, the flush never happens. But I would not make this default, as it needs more space.

I anticipate this also to be very usefull for image builds where you
want to possibly use several versions of the same package.

I do not understand this sentence.

Ciao