Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:17:16 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

Workarounds are a lot. But the problem is not fixed by these. Under special
conditions this bug may cause hard to track build errors, thus I reported
it. Saving a "This build environment is xxx"-file somewhere in the
build-dir should fix the problem.

can you give examples? testcases?
please be more detailed. such vague statements dont help us to improve
the software.

Call

osc build openSUSE_10.2 i586 whatever.spec

Now do a

osc build openSUSE_10.3 i586 whatever.spec

osc will not recognice, that the build environment is totally different and mixes the requirements, which will usually fail totally. But what if it does not fail? Then the result will be very confusing.

Sure "--clean" in the call fixes this. But a better solution would be to have a file e.g. ".environment-type" somewhere (e.g. in build path) and this contains "openSUSE_10.2 i586". Now when the environment is different, it should be cleared. Pretty straightforward I think :-)

Ciao