Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Instruction on http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds are not useful for creating .deb packages
  • From: Vladimir Nadvornik <nadvornik@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 15:01:27 +0100
On 2008-01-29 16:51:12 +0100, G. Massera wrote:
I tryied to use the instruction at
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds for creating a Debian
repository (or in general a .deb package)... without obtaning nothing.
After looking for solution into the debian documentation, and with a lot
of trials... finally I created .deb packages.

As I write in discussion part of the page... the mandatory files (the
minimal set of files necessary to compile a .deb package) is different
from that specified in the page... and I proposed to re-write the page
telling my experience.
Because no-one replyied on the discussion or by e-mail... I repeat my
proposal here.
In fact, creating the .deb packages are very simple... with the correct
instructions... and I want to contribute with my experience.

it is a wiki. feel free to improve it. :)

thanks in advance

darix

I rewrite the page with a first version of instruction for do it.
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

Please... give me any kind of suggestion, correction, question, etc.

With your instructions I was able to build a package. Great, thanks!

I still have these problems:

- package name must be lowercase, at least at some places. Does anybody know
the exact rules?

- I haven't found how to apply the same patches as in RPM package.

Vladimir Nadvornik