Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Apt-get doesn't follow HTTP redirects
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:17:52 +0100
On Tuesday 29 January 2008 15:58:20 wrote Thomas Schmidt:
Dirk Stoecker schrieb:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, G. Massera wrote:
If I inspect manually the HTTP 302 response, and I put directly the
hostname that mirror my repositories in this way:

deb ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/home:/EmmeG/
xUbuntu_7.10/

all goes fine and I can use my repositories without problems. But
because the 302 is a temporary redirection, I cannot tell to my users to
use the host above!

What is the best solution to this problems ???

Point the users to http://en.opensuse.org/Mirrors_Development_Build and
report your problem to apt-developers again. Maybe the now change their
mind :-)

It's the same problem with RPM, see novell bugzilla #278729

Michael fixed rpm to support redirects in current distributions meanwhile.