Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu:7.04.conf file?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:08:17 +0100
On Thursday 24 January 2008 11:38:04 wrote Christopher Lang:
Hi,

here is my experience with the Ubuntu 7.04 conf file on a local build
server:

I didn't have to add anything to the build file, building of my custom
package succeeds, but there are a few things that I think are worth
mentioning:

- Dependency problems: There are the same dependency problems in my log
file, like on the public build server, (for example project net-snmp), they
do not seem to be a problem, and a few lines further down the offending
package gets installed. Interesting.

If you know, how the package is called under Ubuntu, you want to require
with "rpm-devel", we can add mappings for this.

You can also try on your own, in you build service instance, by editing the
project config ( osc meta prjconf -e <project> ).

Substitute: Requiered_Package_Name Ubuntu_Package_Name

can solve these kind of issues. We can also do so in our instance, if someone
can provide a list.

- libstdc++6-4.1-dev: There is an expansion error if I do not fix the
libstdc++-dev package in the .dsc file to libstdc++6-4.1-dev.

expansion errors:
have choice for libstdc++-dev needed by libboost-dev:
libstdc++6-4.1-dev libstdc++5-3.3-dev
have choice for libstdc++-dev needed by libsigc++-2.0-dev:
libstdc++6-4.1-dev libstdc++5-3.3-dev

This is also a bit strange since I would assume that gcc 4.1 is prefered
and the -dev package dependency should be resolved automatically.

No, there is no version handling at this point, so one needs define it. Also
gcc41 seems not to require a specific version, this could be considered as a
packaging bug.

But again, a line in prjconf can solve this :), for example

Prefer: libstdc++6-4.1-dev

- missing obs dependency 'deb.rpm'. Installing the build server does not
automatically install the debian tools package. I think it should do.
Without deb.rpm there is an error in debian builds: "dpkg-scanpackage not
found".

Hm, since the obs can be used also without, a Requires is maybe too strong.
But I added a Recommends for this.

Apart form these items my Ubuntu builds succeed now; the build server is
really a great tool!

cool :)

cheers
Chris

Example of weird dependency problem from a log file (marked up with ***):

preinstalling ***belocs-locales-bin***...
dpkg: locales: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you request:
locales depends on ***belocs-locales-bin*** (>= 2.4); however:
Package belocs-locales-bin is not installed.
installing libc6
installing base-passwd
***installing belocs-locales-bin***

Hm, I guess we do not want to enforce to install "locales", but maybe I am
wrong.

Am Mittwoch 23 Januar 2008 07:12:52 schrieben Sie: