Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu:7.04.conf file?
  • From: Christopher Lang <christopher.lang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:38:04 +0100

Hi,

here is my experience with the Ubuntu 7.04 conf file on a local build server:

I didn't have to add anything to the build file, building of my custom package
succeeds, but there are a few things that I think are worth mentioning:

- Dependency problems: There are the same dependency problems in my log file,
like on the public build server, (for example project net-snmp), they do not
seem to be a problem, and a few lines further down the offending package gets
installed. Interesting.

- libstdc++6-4.1-dev: There is an expansion error if I do not fix the
libstdc++-dev package in the .dsc file to libstdc++6-4.1-dev.

expansion errors:
have choice for libstdc++-dev needed by libboost-dev:
libstdc++6-4.1-dev libstdc++5-3.3-dev
have choice for libstdc++-dev needed by libsigc++-2.0-dev:
libstdc++6-4.1-dev libstdc++5-3.3-dev

This is also a bit strange since I would assume that gcc 4.1 is prefered and
the -dev package dependency should be resolved automatically.

- missing obs dependency 'deb.rpm'. Installing the build server does not
automatically install the debian tools package. I think it should do. Without
deb.rpm there is an error in debian builds: "dpkg-scanpackage not found".

Apart form these items my Ubuntu builds succeed now; the build server is
really a great tool!

cheers
Chris

Example of weird dependency problem from a log file (marked up with ***):

preinstalling ***belocs-locales-bin***...
dpkg: locales: dependency problems, but configuring anyway as you request:
locales depends on ***belocs-locales-bin*** (>= 2.4); however:
Package belocs-locales-bin is not installed.
installing libc6
installing base-passwd
***installing belocs-locales-bin***

Am Mittwoch 23 Januar 2008 07:12:52 schrieben Sie: