Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build notification
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:08:17 +0100
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
What do you think about 'automatic bug reports' of failed packages,
in case a bugowner is set either for the project or for the package?

In case no bug-owner is set, the last committee would probably be a good
bugowner,

Internally, we just receive mail notification from autobuild, so it can
be that I'm just used to it and dislike other approaches, but:

Bugzilla 1) notifies you about new bugs, 2) keeps track of them. In case
of failed builds, what I really want is notification. The buildservice
already stores the build status, so replicating that information in
bugzilla seems superfluous to me.

On the other hand, it could help in cases when the build failure is
caused by a bug in a completely different package in the dependency
chain -> you simply reassing the bug to the other maintainer. But you
can always create a new bug manually when you discover that some other
package breaks your builds.

And yes, having information about failed builds in bugzilla might help
users reporting bugs in packages. Provided that users actually search
for bugs on that package prior to entering new bugs...

So, I can't say if I really like it or not :) And it's just my personal
view anyway...

Michal