Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Slowness
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:00:40 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:

However, it is very irritating when the status is not updated promptly.
I have to poll and poll, and don't see anything happening anyhow.
Commands that I issue don't seem to have any effect (trigger rebuild).
I don't even see if the buildservice _intends_ to build something.
Even if it happens eventually, I'm already used to the fact that it may
happen after a minute, after a day, you never know.

And, there is no way the buildservice tells me what's up, without the
need to poll for every bit, causing additional effort.

That makes working with the buildservice quite hard, frankly.
I feel I could easily do the same work in 50% of the time.

What can we do to improve on this?

Yes. Please.

Rebuild triggers not showing as scheduled, finished packages not changing finished into error/successful, adding/removing packages not showing up, ... That all is very disturbing. Somewhere here must be a big communication problem, which needs to be fixed.

A userinterface not responding to user request is very bad design.

Ciao