Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: osc sources
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:29:30 +0100
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 11:56:41AM +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Well, I think putting the src.rpm AND the tarball in unpacked format on the
servers / mirrors would be quiet fasteful. after all, it's not difficult to
unpack the RPMs (unrpm, Midnight Commander, whatever you like).

The question was how to _avoid_ exactly that.

Having the Tarballs in plus appears a bit like an overkill to me.

But that's opinions of course

Given that the sources are already hosted in the build service, the
question is only how they can be made accessible. There is no additional
space needed. Just like you can download the files now _with_login_, it
_could_ be possible to download them without login.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development
< Previous Next >