[opensuse-buildservice] FreeCol fails on 10.1 (at pre-installation stage)
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:08:53 +0100
Hello,

this one goes a bit beyond me, so I ask for your professional help.
As logged at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=freecol&project=games%3Astrategy%3Aturn-based&repository=SUSE_Linux_10.1
the package building for FreeCol failed (for SUSE Linux 10.1).

From the Log:
installing xerces-j2-2.7.1-15
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57814: line 1: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or
directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57814: line 2: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or
directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57814: line 3: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or
directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57814: line 4: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or
directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57814: line 5: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or
directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.57814: line 6: /usr/sbin/update-alternatives: No such file or
directory
error: %post(xerces-j2-2.7.1-15.noarch) scriptlet failed, exit status 127
mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
/bin/bash: halt: command not found

I think I can 'work around' by including as a BuildRequires:
/usr/sbin/update-alternatives, but actually this would be a bug in xerces-j2
package.
Do we decide to fix such things on OBS Level (like having a substitute for
xeces2-j2) or shall I just fix it in my spec file?

Dominique
--

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77 offices in
60 countries and over 2,500 professionals (2007). TMF is expanding rapidly

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and
solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone other than
the intended recipient should receive or come into possession of this e-mail
communication, he/she will not be entitled to read, disseminate, disclose or
duplicate it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested to
notify the sender and to destroy the original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in its
receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.