Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: osc sources
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:00:07 +0100
On Wednesday 23 January 2008 11:45:22 wrote Dr. Peter Poeml:
On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:58:09AM +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Unfortunately, I have no good idea where to make it available,
without forgetting to manually re-create it... ;(

Well best would probably be if buildservice would export also sources
in similar location where binaries are exported.

That would be something to suggest on
buildservice-opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx I think other people have been
thinking the same. However it might be difficult for space reasons.

Although I don't know why the sources (which so far require a login)
couldn't be publically visible. Anyone?

WEll, the src.rpms are exported as far as I can tell. Just look for
example:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games:/arcade/openSUSE_Factory/
src/

or were you looking for something different?

Something different -- the question was about the tarball not packed
inside a source rpm.

Actually, I dream of an "source.opensuse.org" org, where everbody can browse /
download sources, maybe even build logs without to login.

maybe also with svn/cvs/webdav/... interface. If we would have this, we could
drop building src.rpms by default and use the mirror space for something
different ...

I guess this is not too hard to implement, esp. given our existing rails
infrastructure. If anyone wants to work on this, we can support you
developing it and also with direct access to the web server ...

bye
adrian