[opensuse-buildservice] Re: osc sources
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:16:05 +0100
Michal, I'm taking this to the opensuse-buildservice mailing list (and
leave you in Cc)...

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 06:11:40PM +0900, Michal Čihař wrote:
Hi

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 09:59:14 +0100
"Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx> wrote:

There is no place where buildservice package sources are available other
than in the buildservice, or in the source rpms.

I use the following to create it:

# v=0.99; svn export
https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/src/clientlib/python/osc
osc-$v; tar czf osc-$v.tar.gz osc-$v

So no tags => no way to reproduce same version? :-)

Too lazy -- it's all in the changelog though.
(And package do automatically get the release counters)

Unfortunately, I have no good idea where to make it available, without
forgetting to manually re-create it... ;(

Well best would probably be if buildservice would export also sources
in similar location where binaries are exported.

That would be something to suggest on
buildservice-opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx I think other people have been
thinking the same. However it might be difficult for space reasons.

Although I don't know why the sources (which so far require a login)
couldn't be publically visible. Anyone?

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development