Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build service team meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:51:00 +0100
On Tuesday 22 January 2008 20:36:43 wrote Michael Wolf:
On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 18:25 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
iChain frontend:
A planned move of the iChain proxy to Provo would slow down the api by
factor 3-4. Novell IS&T is looking for alternative solutions atm.

Really? For everybody? The webui is already so slow that it's forced

Well, for you maybe not, because you are on the other side of the atlantic :).
But traffix would still go from Boston, to Provo to Nuernberg. Direct
connection of Boston -> Nbg would maybe still a bit faster for you.

However, it would slow down it for most other parts of the world.

me to learn how to use osc meta even for things the webui is capable of
doing.

Yes, we have already to redirect it via Dublin atm. This also not the fastest
solution.

However, the good thing is that Novell IS&T are currently looking for a
solution for this problem. Until than they will not touch the Dublin iChain,
I guess.

On the other hand, I do not believe that the web interface can be that fast
than the CLI at any time. It has other advantages instead.

bye
adrian