[opensuse-buildservice] build server keeps building all the time, doesn't stop
  • From: Christopher Lang <christopher.lang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:58:54 +0100

Hi,

my build server is up and running and things seem ok so far.

However for some reason it keeps building over and over again without being
touched at all.

I am testing and trying to understand the server, so I put just a spec file in
a package, to see what is happening. The result is: the base system gets set
up, but then there is an error of course, because there is no tar.gz file to
unpack.

Problem is however, that rather than stopping and having the build log avail
for review the server restarts a new build immediately.

I put an appropriate tar.gz file for the server to unpack in the package, but
also then the server keeps building over and over again, without being
touched.

What could cause that behavior?

The spec file is attached.
The project uses std Suse Linux 10.1 repository.

many thanks

best regards
Chris

http://www.acurana.de/

#
# spec file for package somepack (Version 1.0.0)
#
# Copyright (c) 2008 acurana GmbH, Munich, Germany.
# This file and all modifications and additions to the pristine
# package are under the same license as the package itself.
#
# Please submit bug fixes or comments via http://www.acurana.de/feedback/
#

#%define prefix /opt/gnome
#%define sysconfdir /etc%{prefix}

Name: somepack
Version: 0.8
Release: 1
License: GPL
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-build
BuildRequires: gtkmm2-devel libglademm boost-devel cmake

#PreReq Tag
#This tag defines dependencies that need to be satisfied for the package to
#be installed correctly. The field must mention all packages or absolute path
#to the tools that are used in the %pre, %post, and %triggerin scripts.

# %if 0%{?suse_version} <= 1010
# BuildRequires: xorg-x11-devel
# %endif

Requires: gtkmm2 libglademm ppp

Group: Hardware/Mobile

Source: %{name}-%{version}-%{release}.tar.gz

%description
some description

%prep
%setup -q
#%patch

%build
mkdir build
cd build
/usr/bin/cmake ../
make -j2

%install
dummydir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/lib/mydummy
mkdir -p $dummydir
echo "I was here!" >$dummydir/iwashere

%clean
rm -rf "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT"

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
/usr/lib/mydummy/iwashere

# extract source tar ball
#%prep
#%setup -n %{_name}-%{version}

#%build
## use global compile flags and run configure script
#CFLAGS="$RPM_OPT_FLAGS" \
#./configure \
# --prefix=%prefix \
# --libexecdir=%prefix/lib/gwget \
# --libdir=%prefix/%_lib \
# --sysconfdir=%sysconfdir \
# --datadir=%prefix/share \
# --localstatedir=/var/lib \
# --mandir=%{_mandir} \
# --disable-schemas-install
# do compile
#make
#
#%install
## install all files
#make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install
## create file list of localized files into file %name.lang
#%find_lang %{name}
## install the gwget.desktop file from %Source1 and apply Catgories (Network
and FileTransfer)
#%suse_update_desktop_file -i gwget Network FileTransfer#
#
## the calls which does get called after installing this package
#%post
## update the gconf database
#export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
#opt/gnome/bin/gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule
etc/opt/gnome/gconf/schemas/gwget.schemas >/dev/null#
#
#%clean
## clean up the hard disc after build
#rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT