Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Poor man's rpmlint integration
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:42:35 +0100
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Hi,

Michal Marek wrote:

As you probably know, we use rpmlint internally in autobuild since some
time. I wrote a hack to allow something similar in the buildservice
(yes, I know that proper rpmlint integration is planned in the bs).

Use

<repository name="openSUSE_Factory">
<path repository="openSUSE_Factory" project="home:michal-m:rpmlint"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

in your project config to run rpmlint after each build. Unfortunately
this only works for packages that have a %clean section and only for
10.3 and Factory builds. Also please note that the repositories can be
broken at any time :) For example usage, see the home:michal-m:test
project.

I can't easily base my builds on your project (since I need Java)

I could add the Java repos to the project.

but I
would be interested to get that working locally with osc builds.
Can I just install rpmlint and rpmlint-bs with osc's --extra-pkgs
parameter?

Yes, that should work. Remember that you need to have a '%clean' section
in the spec for rpmlint to run at all.

And another question:
What does that mean in your prjconf:
Support: rpmlint-bs

The same as --extra-pkgs rpmlint-bs when doing a local build, it adds
the rpmlint-bs package to the chroot (but doesn't trigger a rebuild when
rpmlint-bs changes), see
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#How_is_a_buildenvironment_defined.3F

Michal