[opensuse-buildservice] problem with osc checking out newly added package
  • From: "Craig Gardner" <cgardner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:53:26 -0700

Suppose I have a project that has been around for a long time. And suppose the
project has 9 packages.

Now suppose that one of the other maintainers of the project adds a new
package. When I try to update my project to get the latest package, I get an
error. I'm using osc 0.99-6.

osc up myproject
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/osc", line 10, in ?
sys.exit( osc.main() )
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/osc/cmdln.py", line 256, in main
return self.cmd(args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/osc/cmdln.py", line 279, in cmd
retval = self.onecmd(argv)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/osc/cmdln.py", line 395, in onecmd
return self._dispatch_cmd(handler, argv)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/osc/cmdln.py", line 1070, in
_dispatch_cmd
return handler(argv[0], opts, *args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/osc/commandline.py", line 930, in
do_update
args += prj.pacs_have
TypeError: can only concatenate tuple (not "list") to tuple

Then, to try to work around the problem, I thought I would simply checkout the
newest package of the project. This almost works.

osc co package10
A package10

Note that it creates the package10 directory, but the directory is empty. Then
when I try to update the whole project again, osc doesn't know about the new
package.

osc up
Updating package1
U package1.spec
At revision 5.
Updating package2
At revision 1.
Updating package3
At revision 42.
Updating package4
At revision 50.
Updating package5
A package5.spec
At revision 4.
Updating package6
At revision 3.
Updating package7
At revision 5.
Updating package8
At revision 2.
Updating package9
At revision 38.

Notice that it doesn't seem to know anything about package10. And the
package10 directory is empty, missing the tarball and specfile that I expect to
be copied from the server. The webclient shows that files are there, but osc
doesn't fetch them.

If I completely remove my myproject directory, and re-checkout the whole
project, there is no problem: osc correctly gives me the package10 directory
and its correct contents. The problem only seems to happen when I try to
update my existing project with this new package.

Is this an osc bug? Is it a known issue? Can anyone offer any assistance?

Thanks.