Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Novell ID's for OSC Plugins
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:53:04 +0100

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 16:21 +0100, Klaas Freitag wrote:
Hi,

ok, so here's the list of the plugins we already have, for discussion of
what should be included now and what should wait:

* osc-createspec: creates a .spec file from a set of templates. Right
now, we only have 'base', which creates a very basic .spec file, and
'gnome'. We should have similar templates for
KDE/java/python/whatever-based apps, etc

* osc-linkdereference: dereferences a linked package. I think this
mostly works ok, so should be mostly ready to add to the buildservice
SVN. Michael?

* osc-listpatches: lists patches for a set of packages. It displays
summaries of all packages and their patches. This is mostly ready for
inclusion.

* osc-patchlint: lint for patches, following the guidelines at:
http://en.opensuse.org/GNOME/Patches . These have been reviewed within
the opensuse-gnome team. Is this useful outside of GNOME? Could we have
these (or something similar) guidelines for the whole distro?

* osc-rewritespec: organize and rewrite parts of .spec files, like
ordering the Patch* lines. This is still incomplete.

* osc-deps: showd dependencies of a package. Incomplete

* osc-editchanges: like autobuild's 'vc'. Incomplete

* osc-mergefrom: merge 2 packages, not ready yet, although it might
almost be. Michael?

* osc-speclint: lint for .spec files. It's mostly working, so should be
mostly ready for inclusion.
These sound as if we would like to have some of these plugins in other
clients as well based on the same code. On how much do these plugins
depend which is osc specific? Would it be possible to implement the same
plugin infrastructure for example in the webclient or the KDE client?

they use OSC's builtin Python modules, so I guess they are tied to OSC.
But I'd be very happy to convert them to something that can be used for
all clients. Does that exist?
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>