Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems with publishing and _aggregate in the science and home:werner2101 repo
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 23:43:42 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, Werner Hoch wrote:

I didn't try, nor can I judge, but depending on what you exactly mean
with cross-aggregation it might supposed to work, or not.

Project A uses packages from Project B and Project B uses Packages from
Project A.
---------------
PROJECT A (home:werner2101)
package1
package2
package3 (_aggregate package3 from PROJECT B)
package4 (_aggregate package4 from PROJECT B)
PROJECT B (science)
package1 (_aggregate package1 from PROJECT A)
package2 (_aggregate package2 from PROJECT A)
package3
package4

According to my observations an aggregate is blocked as long ANY package of a project is in building/blocked state. In difference to normal packages or links it does not depend on the real dependencies.

Thus a cross link must always result in a dead-lock. The fix would thus be a proper dependency tracking for aggregates also.

Ciao