Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Problems with publishing and _aggregate in the science and home:werner2101 repo
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:10:59 +0100
Hi Werner,

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 08:39:22PM +0100, Werner Hoch wrote:
On Freitag, 4. Januar 2008, Werner Hoch wrote:
I've some problems with the repos I'm working in:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=home%3Awerner2101
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=science

Problem 1: publishing of build packages
I've updated a few packages (geda-*, ...) but they don't appear in
the download area.
For example: all geda-* packages should have version 1.2.1:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/werner2101/openSUSE_1
0.3/x86_64/

The latest published packages have the date 20071226 and older.

Now they have the date 20080101, does that mean the problem is gone?

Problem 2: _aggregate --> blocked
I've aggregated some packages from science in home:werner2101 and
vice versa.
All aggregated packages are marked as blocked.

After I've removed all aggregated packages in my home repo, the packages
appeared at the download servers.

I think the publisher does not like cross aggregations. It causes a dead
lock.

Shall I submit a bug report?

Can someone reproduce this behaviour?

I didn't try, nor can I judge, but depending on what you exactly mean
with cross-aggregation it might supposed to work, or not.

To be sure, and if it looks like a bug to you, then yes, please create a
bug report.

Problem 3: no source uploaded
In the science repo, the package kicad does not build. It tells that
there's no source, but the source packages are there.

The error is gone after I've removed all source files and uploade them
again.

May it have been caused by the scheduler busy with other things for a
while?

I think I have seen this issue in the past, but it was always caused by
the scheduler not looking at the package yet because it was busy with
something else. Eventually it resolved.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development