Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc features for next milestone
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:05:44 +0100
On Monday 07 January 2008 11:15, Adrian Schröter wrote:

Hi,
* local build support of _link packages
-> this gets currently blocked by needed modularisation in build IIRC.
Peter, please talk directly with Michael how to solve this.

* easy setup of _link + patch packages
A typical usecase / workflow could be this:
- osc co <project> <package>
(maybe support even "osc co <package>" and the server decides from
where to take the package by default. For instance take libqt4 from
KDE:KDE4 project instead of openSUSE:Factory. This would help people
responsible for openSUSE:Factory, because changes arrives there
consolidated by the official maintainers of these components).
- user edits package
- osc ci
-> server refuses, because no write permission in <project>
-> osc offers to create home:<user>/<package>
(optionally create temporary project)
-> osc creates _link + patch file based on user changes
-> osc asks to create a "merge request"
(needs to get supported by server first)
Except for the "merge request", everything should be possible to get
implement without any further server side support.
Why? I think the base functionality of creation of the patched package
(home:<user>/<package> here), the creation of the _link+patch file and
the creation of the merge request should be performned on the server.
Interactivity of course has to be on the client, but we do not want
to implement the crucial parts above in each and every client again,
don't we?

* After OBS server supports "merge request" handling add support for
following usecases should be supported:
-> list all merge request affecting me (the user)
-> list all merge request affecting this or given project
-> list all merge request affecting this or given package
-> list all requests (not neccessarily only merge requests)

-> modify/forward the merge requests to another project/package.
This is needed for the case like the openSUSE:Factory owner do want
an approval/review from someone/someproject .
Hmm, not sure if I understand that correctly. Wouldn't that rather
be handled by something like attaching people to requests, with the
idea of "your input is requested on this request"?

There is the merge request document in the wiki, but IIRC we were still
discussing it end of the last year. So this is not final yet
WIP

regards,
Klaas

--