[opensuse-buildservice] Hide home: projects by default on software.o.o
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:39:11 +0100
On 10-01-2008 at 10:33, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks... I will copy the package over then to have it available
for
everybody (ok ok.. it was available before... but I guess many treat
the
home: as playground and would most likely not grab all packages
from
there).

right and so is the intention of that setup :)

This just brought me on another point: would it be possible to have a
special flag (a tick box in the search engine) to not show the home:
name space by default?
Like this, we can still look for packages in home:* (for more advanced
users, that might also handle a broken installation and that know about
playgrounds), but the 'standard end user' does not need to know about
the difference between the home:* and other repositories.

Discussion is now open ;)

Dominique

--

TMF is a global management and accounting outsourcing firm with 77
offices in 60 countries and over 2,500 professionals (2007). TMF is

The information contained in this e-mail communication is confidential
and solely intended for the person to whom it is addressed. If someone
other than the intended recipient should receive or come into possession
of this e-mail communication, he/she will not be entitled to read,
disseminate, disclose or duplicate it. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are requested to notify the sender and to destroy the
original e-mail communication.
TMF is neither liable for the correct and complete transmission of the
information contained in this e-mail communication nor for any delay in
its receipt. This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been checked for the presence of computer viruses.